By Ross Young
Quality copy rules the roost in the digital age. It attracts followers on social media, increases visitor numbers to your website, and propels you to a more prominent position on search engines.
In other words, good content is a non-negotiable as far as the online profile of your business is concerned.
But how do you ensure that your content is as magical as it can be? You hire a copywriting agency, of course!
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let's look at what you can expect from working with copywriters and how partnering with an agency can benefit your business.
What is a copywriting agency?
A talented copywriting agency can be an integral asset to your business. Rather than having to worry about content creation in-house, partnering with an agency takes the pressure off and leaves the copy to the experts.
Specifically, a copywriting agency can help you with the following essential tasks:
- Web copy: Your website copy is your chance to tell your story, so it's vital that you get it right. Copywriters showcase what you can offer to your potential clients, helping you to win business and increase your bottom line.
- Blog posts: You probably know it's good to have a blog, but you may not know why. Simply, publishing regular blog posts on your website ensures that your site can be found on Google, opening up a whole world of possibilities for your business – more on this shortly.
- Email campaigns: Email marketing is still one of the most effective ways to convert leads, but it's hard to get right. Copywriters are skilled email campaign authors, helping you pinpoint key pain points to encourage the recipients to learn more about your solutions.
- Press releases: PR is likely to be a big part of your marketing strategy, and copywriters can craft eloquent and concise press releases for you to send off to your target media outlets. It’s a big win for building your business’s online profile.
- Editing/proofreading: If you wish to retain the creative license to create your company's copy, it's a good idea to hire an agency to run through it for grammatical correctness and to ensure it helps you tell your story effectively. Copywriting agencies offer comprehensive editing and proofreading services – perfect for adding the finishing touches to your content.
Ultimately, a copywriting agency can become your new best friend. Skilled copywriters can bring ideas to life, improving how you interact with your clients, as we explain below.
The benefits of hiring a copywriting agency
Creating content is essential in today's online world – it's no longer optional if you're serious about growing your business credentials.
Some small business owners usually try to keep content creation in-house to save money. But did you know that hiring a copywriting agency can benefit your business in many ways?
Copywriting is a skill. While your employees might be capable of producing a blog post a week for your company's website, you need to think about its impact on your business. Is it an efficient use of their time? Is it well-written? Is it aligned with your company's values and ethos? Does it help to improve your site's rankings in Google searches?
By keeping your copywriting in-house, you're missing out on a wealth of industry expertise that can help your business thrive and grow.
The beauty of working with a copywriting agency is that you can set the parameters and outsource only what you need. Whether a complete website overhaul or a weekly blog post, it takes the pressure off your employees, enabling them to focus on their roles within the business.
More time to focus on other aspects of your business
Outsourcing your copy is an act of liberation! When it's not your job to do so, it isn’t easy to consistently develop content ideas that will help your business grow and evolve in an ever-demanding online environment.
Copywriters are creatives at heart, helping you produce unique content. Not only will this help your business grow, but it will also free up your time, helping you prioritise other jobs and roles within your company.
Cost savings, ROI, and income-generating opportunities
We know what you're thinking - "You can't seriously tell me that hiring a copywriting agency will save me money?" Well, hear us out.
Yes, you need to pay an agency for the content it produces. However, taking the task of content creation away from yourself (or an employee) is an immediate cost saving for your business, specifically regarding the cost of their time.
If an employee spends several hours a week researching and writing a single blog post for your website – the potential savings in the time cost to your business are huge!
More excitingly, hiring a copywriting agency offers huge ROI potential. One of the main reasons people turn to professional copywriters is to propel their business up the Google rankings for specific search terms.
Whether you're selling a product or service, appearing toward the top of Google searches for relevant terms is invaluable. Thanks to effective, organic SEO tactics, talented copywriters can help you appear more prominently in the SERPs, which is hugely beneficial for the growth of your business.
There's more to life than copy
Compelling copy couldn't be more important for your business. But there are other things a talented copywriting agency can help you with.
There's an unshakable bond between the content you create and how you engage with your followers on social media. The better your content is, the more likely your followers will engage with it, resulting in more eyes on your business.
Copywriting agencies – like Magic Word Media – combine the wizardry of creative content with spellbinding social media tactics, taking your online content to the next level.
Ready for spellbinding content? Just say the magic word
At Magic Word Media, we cover all bases as far as copywriting and content creation are concerned.
As well as talented copywriters, we also have a team of experienced social media managers ready to take charge of your socials and captivate your respective audiences.
If you're ready to take the first step towards spellbinding content for your business, just say the magic word, and we'd be delighted to lead the way.